GDTF Forum

Assign Same Attribute To Numerous Pieces Of Geometry

Hey Y'all,

Are there any thoughts about creating some sort of population grid for when there is the same attribute being used on numerous pieces of geometry, i.e. multi cell fixtures that all use RGB or RGBW etc etc attributes. It's becoming way too tedious to have to assign the same attributes over and over on pieces of geometry, ends up just being a huge time suck. Are there any thoughts on how to make this a little more efficient? I understand that of course you have to assign different DMX values to the attriutes, but on the Web GUI at the current moment, going through 3x pop up's and drop downs to assign (multiplied by however many pieces of geometry) just isn't very fun haha! I tried to do copy and paste but of course the error is that  that attribute is already assigned to the same piece of geometry, rightfully so. 

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

MattG 

In regards to this, a friend of mine showed me that I was using the references wrong for the "multi instance" features. 

I didn't make the Pixel side of the fixture. So general note, use the references to save time haha! It would be nice to have a grid or a "calculater" for lack of a better term when dealing with large amounts of identical reference objects, maybe something that can have how many objects with an address field of X and then increment name by 1 or something like that.

Cheers!

MattG