GDTF Forum

FixtureBuilder DMX 'range'/type

David "Rex" Whalen

DMX value choice always seems to jump back to Percentage?  While trying to setup ChannelSets and FunctionSets for a GoboWheel, the ChannelSet DMX From/To columns always seem to default to % when you page away, always finding myself with jumping values, at %50 is hard to achieve with 8 bit 0-255 value range; I put 127, the UI switches to 49%. The value reverts back to %, even if I want to use straight 0-255 range. I enter a value in the columns to find it going Red, because of the range...I'm constantly 'out of range'/red with the switching value, either Percentage or 8-bit.  Even the Channel set value range seems to jump to %, even though I want 8-Bit range[0-255].

This sometimes causes Slot 1 of a wheel FunctionSet to go Red because it hates the integer of "0"....does not compute to a valid % range.....takes filling out the entire set of Functions....and still stays red if I switch to 8-Bit readout.