GDTF Forum

Dual Mode Masters.....??

Hey Y'all,

Yes I know what I just said in the subject hahaha! So, I was playing with some strobe attributes, and it got me thinking about how to make files react exactly like real life for LED based strobe fixtures, and atomic 3k's because you can do the same. Essentially, when strobe duration and strobe rate are brought to full, the LED of the fixture stays on. Now, we can address this right now with using one mode master on the duration and telling the strobe rate to be diregarded at 255, with the shutter taking over as it'll output by itself. But in real life, both channels have to be at 255 for this to be achieved. Would it be an idea to have 2x mode masters as an option? A toggle to dictate whether both rules have to be met or just one? 

Thoughts?

Cheers!

MattG

How would it be in real life? Duration and Rate have to be at full to have the LED stay on?

I had a look at the Atomic 3000 LED.

Duration is 7-650 ms

Rate is 0,289-16,67 Hz

Does the LED stay on if the duration is > 1/f ?

For example if the Duration is 500 ms and the rate is higher than 2 Hz?

Correct! Obviously the Atomic will sizzle out due to physics, but, on most strobes, not all, when the fixture is only in strobe mode with an LED type, it can be utilized as a "wash" light when duration and rate are at 255. Essentially, it's moving "so fast" that the human cannot see the flashing, but it's just on instead. 

I will have access to an LED strobe in my office next week. I will do some real-life tests with it.

I guess the visualizer has to handle the behavior of Duration vs. Rate and when the strobe as a result of both values is full = wash.

This is taken from the manual of the Robe Colour Strobe:

image.thumb.png.9ff96f4db18d943eedc9e7fdeb4dfdb0.png

I think handling this with a mode dependency would only be a "hack" for visualization. 

Cheers,

Daniel