GDTF Forum

Scenic Design Animation?

helendeneb

Hello Everyone!

I am designing a concert in grandMA3 3D's software. We have a few pieces of scenery that would normally move ( a screen tilts, and a piece of scenery carries a singer from one end of the stadium to another), do you imagine that I could make a GDTF profile for the scenery to move it in the MA3D software?

the box would need pan, tilt and tracking forward and backward parameters

the screen would need to be able to tilt

Thoughts?

I just checked; this is very easy to get visualizing...Patch 2 MovingPath Fixtures, then use MA3D to bring into the Scene/StageView your 'screen' model and your 'moving riser' model; you can use the Plane and Box Primitives as models from the MA3D database. In MA3D, simply DragNDrop your models onto each corresponding Moving Path fixture, easy-Mcpeasy. These MP fixtures are under now control of the desk/DMX...so can be written into lighting cues, etc.

Are these moving objects on the stage actual automation under control of an operator/desk/console, or being manipulated by stagehands?

Good luck! Shouldn't be too hard or take long to get this working...literally took me like 5 minutes to see something moving in MA2+MA3D, networked together.