GDTF Forum

AutoFill fields on Web Builder??

David "Rex" Whalen

It may be my system or browser, but I seem to observe that the 'autoFill' feature of 'added' Channel Sets do not autoFill any previous entry. The first block will suggest previous entries, but any subsequent entry will not suggest the same values I keep inputting into those slots??

Ex: on a rotation attribute I want a [min-home-max] set of presets, I'm always inputting "-180 Degrees" in the first slot and it always autoFills when I've got a few characters typed and I see more than a single entry[as I would expect], but in the second slot, which would be a 'home' or "0 Degrees" entry name, it never suggests anything to help save a few keystrokes...or the final channel set.  I'm always fully typing the name.  I guess I could Copy/Paste Channels??

No, no...not that button[Auto-fill Channel Sets]. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding...the process.

I'm speaking of the "Add Multiple Channel Sets" button  and the dialog that pops with 2 as the default value, assuming for a min-max range setup? The first slot browser autofills/suggests and each subsequent entry field does not when you add multiple presets for the range of DMX? So I end up having to fully type 'max' for example when I'm in slot2, when slot1 I only have to type 'm' and I'm presented with my previous entries...  I wasn't dividing up the Attribute into separate ranges/functions, assuming that is what the feature is intended for? As in a Shutter, where 'off' is one function of the Channel, 'strobe' is another, etc...I'm not doing that.

I've never utilized a 3rd party manager for copy/pasting, hmmm....I do like to see a populated list though, for selection, on the fly when I'm already in an active entry field. As it is, I left hand the text entry bits and right hand the mouse for click selection and 10-key entry, ;), PC gamer style...swapping tween mouse and 10-key. This KB actually has a set of 18x3 pages of 'hot buttons' to map to functions as well, so a 10-key AND an 18-key, FTW. More is always better, no? LOL.

Thanks!

Edited by David "Rex" Whalen

The "Add Multiple channel sets" is not doing anything clever like "something through something", it simple adds multiple (x) empty sets.

>fully type 'max' for example when I'm in slot2, when slot1 I only have to type 'm' and I'm presented with my previous entries...

So this is browser autofill what you mean, i think. Mine suggests completely different things (Firefox 89)...

>I've never utilized a 3rd party manager for copy/pasting,

Once you start using it, there is no way back. 🙂 Set the "Show the tray menu" to something you can easily evoke, i have it to Ctrl-Alt-Z (on a qwerty kbd), or choose one of your clever buttons, this allows you to pop it up fast, you can then either search by typing, fast select required row from the clipboard list by it's number or do some other magic like set vi style nav, so j/k is down/up to keep hands on the home row.

cheers 🙂