GDTF Forum

hold time for Control functions

sl1200mk2

Hi,

generally in manufacturer docs it's written that user must hold value during 5s or 3s in order to access function. This is true for resets, lamp On/Off, etc...

I do not found in gdtf files such information. 

Am I missing something?

best regards,

nicolas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nicolas,

the T1 Profile now contains several macros:  ColorControl macros (these use just one channel + timing) and also few Control macros (Display on/off) (it uses the control channel + shutter channel + time). You can see the updated file here: https://gdtf-share.com/user.php?name=Robe+Lighting+s.r.o.&page=fixtures&fixtureID=2522

Btw, there is an API for software vendors to access the share programmatically, you can email info@gdtf-share.com for access. Larger companies use this API for syncing the share to their own access server.

Cheers

Petr

Hi Petr,

thanks, it works for me (see attached pict).

In the manual it's written: To activate following functions, stop in DMX value for at least 3 seconds.

Why did you set 4s in the macros?

also do you plan to update them for 'Power / Special Functions' offset? (offset 6)

also, could you please fix the "Slow t ofast" typo :)

best regards,

Nicolas

Capture d’écran 2022-04-25 à 11.52.42.png

• 2 weeks later...

> In the manual it's written: To activate following functions, stop in DMX value for at least 3 seconds.

> Why did you set 4s in the macros?

This is because if the timing on the console is not precise (for example 2.9 sec instead of 3.0), the macro would not execute on the device We see this frequently with controllers. As 3 is the minimum value ("at least 3 seconds") , defining it 4 is OK.

>also do you plan to update them for 'Power / Special Functions' offset? (offset 6)

Do you mean for the rest of the Special functions? Yes, we can.

>also, could you please fix the "Slow t ofast" typo 🙂

I re-reported this to our library maintainer.

Hi Petr,

thank you for your answer and your plan to update the rest of Special functions.

IMHO it's the responsability of console manufacturer to ensure that value is held "at least" for the duration defined by the manufacturer.

in D::Light case in means that value is held for 4.5s as you defined it to be 4s, I would much prefer that duration in gdtf files reflects what manufacturers says... :)

++

• Like 1