Geometry References are used to describe equal parts of a multi part fixture that have the same logical and DMX functionality. For example multiple LEDs with single pixel control.
Reference a geometry for creating complex geometries, for example a GDTF file for a lightbar with several emitters.
In our example, the lightbar Showtec Sunstrip, consists of a body with 10 identical emitters.
- Add a top level geometry for the geometry that is referenced to, for example "Pixel".
- Add the Body as the second top level geometry.
- Add the geometry references to the pixel as child geometries of the Body.
Geometry references must only reference to a top level geometry.
- Link DMX channels related to the emitters to the geometry "Pixel".
You cannot link a DMX channel directly to a geometry reference.
- Define the DMX channel (offset) depending on the amount of channels, for example one DMX channel for one dimmer or three DMX channels for RGB.