GDTF Forum

Panning issue

joselhsa

Hi, due to my limited knowledge i am making my fixture file from existing movinglight and editing them, everything seems fine but i have a problem with panning. The panning is going in the opposite direction( when the 3d goes right the physical fixture goes left). Also, how do i set the starting position, because when my physical fixture is facing right, the 3d is facing front

8 hours ago, joselhsa said:

Hi, due to my limited knowledge i am making my fixture file from existing movinglight and editing them, everything seems fine but i have a problem with panning. The panning is going in the opposite direction( when the 3d goes right the physical fixture goes left). Also, how do i set the starting position, because when my physical fixture is facing right, the 3d is facing front

Hello,

this is done by adjusting Physical From/To properties. Here is how the DMX maps to physical:

image.png.1812356ad734a18ec09b98ea310382dc.png

Here is another example for channel sets:

image.thumb.png.bf173b675675ba79f0dea348794b2d92.png

So to make it simple: you need to invert the range (positive/negative values) of the Physical From and Physical To.

You could also go through the more comprehensive explanation here:

cheers Petr