GDTF Forum

Strobe Mode problems

vixzy

Hi!

When I add any kind of strobe/shutter function to my channel i get no output in MA3 3D unless i bring the channel up to at least 45%.

Judging by the channel list for the fixture i should have output when that channel is at 0 and different strobe modes after that.

How should I define the Strobe channel for it to work properly?

image.png.8209f10fc05bbd120c98f26974348bce.png

For the moment I cant get my hands on the fixture to see how it actually acts in real life. Its a led mover that one of our suppliers bought a bunch of a few years ago that we use from time to time

All tips are very appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @vixzy

i looked at your file. The important thing to realize is that shutter is a different physical behavior then strobe. Shutter can be open/closed (1/0), while strobe is strobing fast/slow (1/s), so for example 20 for fast, 0.3 for slow.

For this, define two channel functions, one for Shutter (Shutter1) one for Strobe (Shutter1Strobe):

image.thumb.png.7eb4a424115cc146ea3490e7b43d3128.pngimage.thumb.png.2bed0568a69c3ce471cf4ac944763e07.png

And then adjust the Channel sets to match the speed of the strobing. See attached file where i split the shutter into two functions.

Kind regards

Petr

Etan@Etan_101@Splitting_Shutter_into_Shutter_and_Strobe.gdtf