GDTF Forum

Virtual dimmer for pixel bar

vixzy

Hi!

The company i work for has just bought a LED bar with 20 pixels RGBW. 

One of the modes on the bar is 80 channels, wich is 4 channels rgbw for each pixels.

Instead of just having just RGBW controll it would be nice to have a virtual dimmer to controll them. Either for the entire fixture or for each pixel.

I have tried to add a virtual dimmer to the main fixture and also per pixel but I can't get it to work.

What would be the correct way to add a virtual dimmer to controll the pixels?

16 hours ago, vixzy said:

Hi!

The company i work for has just bought a LED bar with 20 pixels RGBW. 

One of the modes on the bar is 80 channels, wich is 4 channels rgbw for each pixels.

Instead of just having just RGBW controll it would be nice to have a virtual dimmer to controll them. Either for the entire fixture or for each pixel.

I have tried to add a virtual dimmer to the main fixture and also per pixel but I can't get it to work.

What would be the correct way to add a virtual dimmer to controll the pixels?

Hello. For Virtual dimmers, see the Help page here:

https://gdtf-share.com/help/en/help/gdtf_how_to/key_create_virtual_channels.html

and also see the short message here:

Hope this helps, Petr

21 hours ago, vixzy said:

Thanks! This was the part I had missed!

Was no fun to add it to a 80ch rgbw profile tho!

Great! If it was too much work, Geometry References might have been used, to define the section (geometry and it's properties) only once and then re-use it as many times as needed:

Or you can also use the Geometry Arrange/Multiply tool. It can multiply regular geometries and also geometry references...

image.png.b923556df107e8eda829effdc5dc5360.png