GDTF Forum

Linear Beam Output For Linear Lens Fixtures

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Man!

Correct, an example that I was using would be the Solaris Flare LR, which in it's simple modes is only one beam output and it doesn't make sense to utilize 12x beams to accomplish this as it just adds unncessary processing onto the visualizer. Maybe some sort of asymetrical scaling for the beam? 

Thoughts?

Cheers!

MattG

The Geometry Type Beam can have every shape you want (with a custom 3ds file). For the beam itself: Currently, the GDTF specification does only have properties to describe a beam origin that is circular (Geometry Type "Beam" Property "BeamRadius" - Description: Beam radius on starting point. Default Value: 0.05; Unit: meter.). Properties to describe other shapes of beam origin are on the list.

At the moment I would create a rectangular Geometry Type "Beam" to represent the combined surface of the LED output. Unfortunately, the beam origin and the beam itself would be circular.

• 4 months later...

when will the next update be? I guess many fixtures depends on that! For example if you try to create a strobe (like the Martin Atomic, Clay Paky Stormy or GLP JDC)...its impossible to create a fixture this way!