Jump to content

GDTF Forum

Buggy GDTF Builder


Recommended Posts

I am trying to create a gdtf file for the JB Lighting P12 Spot (because for some reason the MA3 does not load the MA2 library). Yesterday I tried the first time, it took 2 hours and at the end it wouldn't upload. When I reloaded the page all my work was gone...The second time I started again from scratch, and halfway through I reloaded the page just to check the session was saving and everything was gone again.

Today I was trying for the third time, and for some reason after 10 minutes or so my session does not sync anymore and any work I do after that is lost! I'm slowly adding information, but I have to reload the page very often just to check the information is saving, this is not inteded behavior right?  Am I doing something wrong or is the builder just buggy?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @Snabbelicious,

do you use any adblocking software? Or have many tabs open? The builder keeps data stored locally in your browser session. If you "just reload" the page, normally the last fixture is stored under the "Restore last session" icon.

Or is there a particular sequence that you know would trigger this?

Thank you

Petr

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2021 at 7:37 AM, Petr Vanek said:

Hello @Snabbelicious,

do you use any adblocking software? Or have many tabs open? The builder keeps data stored locally in your browser session. If you "just reload" the page, normally the last fixture is stored under the "Restore last session" icon.

Or is there a particular sequence that you know would trigger this?

Thank you

Petr

Sorry for the late reply. I do use adblocking software, and turned it off without much result. I also tried this process on another computer with the same experience. I tried to narrow down the problem by changing only a few little things at a time and then refreshing the page and see if the changes saved. It is a bit fickle, but it looks like I have the most problems when I try to edit the channel sets of the first gobo wheel. I can add the empty sets, but as soon as I try to set the wheel slot, or change the dmx information it won't save that and anything I do afterwards. 

I did manage to create a "working" gdtf file by only filling in the dmx channels and not creating any channel sets, but would still like to finish the file properly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried another browser (original was Chrome, new was Edge), didn't make much of a difference either. I did find out however that if I just press the upload button directly, instad of going through the tabs that it will upload the file including the changes. However when I refresh the page all new info is still gone, and I have to upload the new gdtf file to continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same problem, yesterday I created a file and uploaded it to gdtf share but after upload the file got messed up so I wanted to edit the file again to fix it, but when I press "Upload" the file in gdtf share does not get replaced and I can not download the fixed filee from the builder.

Another question: There is a new option for default DMX in every container, but in case of multiple features in one channel there are now multiple defaults. Whats the sense of this? I attached a screenshot

gdtfbuilder.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, NRG Sille said:

I got the same problem, yesterday I created a file and uploaded it to gdtf share but after upload the file got messed up so I wanted to edit the file again to fix it, but when I press "Upload" the file in gdtf share does not get replaced and I can not download the fixed filee from the builder.

Another question: There is a new option for default DMX in every container, but in case of multiple features in one channel there are now multiple defaults. Whats the sense of this? I attached a screenshot

gdtfbuilder.PNG

GDTF 1.1 specifies default values for each ChannelFunction, because ChannelFunction could have a value range, which is outside of a default value defined on a Channel. The Channel also has a "default channel function" which is giving default channel behavior.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 8:58 PM, Snabbelicious said:

Tried another browser (original was Chrome, new was Edge), didn't make much of a difference either. I did find out however that if I just press the upload button directly, instad of going through the tabs that it will upload the file including the changes. However when I refresh the page all new info is still gone, and I have to upload the new gdtf file to continue.

We will be pushing some improvements out soon. This is partially related to the recent transition to GDTF 1.1 in the builder (Builder v1.4) and to the move to VPLT as a third party independent entity providing oversight over the hosting, in order to maintain an independence from the founding members.

We use the builder every day and while we have seen some issues (and we keep reporting them), we were able to maintain our work normally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Petr Vanek said:

We will be pushing some improvements out soon. This is partially related to the recent transition to GDTF 1.1 in the builder (Builder v1.4) and to the move to VPLT as a third party independent entity providing oversight over the hosting, in order to maintain an independence from the founding members.

We use the builder every day and while we have seen some issues (and we keep reporting them), we were able to maintain our work normally.

Thanks for the information. It's strange that it is working normally for some people, but for me almost unusable. If I can be of any assistance I'll be glad to provide any help I can give (testing, more information, etc).

For know I'll just use the incomplete gdtf library I managed to create, but leave it on WIP. At least I can control the fixture. Once the issues are sorted out I'll update it with the rest of the information.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.